Importance of Employee Nutrition Wellness
You care about your workforce, and your workforce cares about their health and nutrition!
Addressing nutrition wellness can: improve mental health, decrease medical costs, decrease sick time as well as increase productivity, and decrease absenteeism.
Nutrition plays a key role in the prevention, development and treatment of the top most common diseases in Canada that include obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, cancers, and mental health issues.
Did you know that lifestyle and diet changes can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke by up to 80%? It is also possible to help resolve the need for prediabetes and type 2 diabetes medications through nutrition changes. Dietitians are regulated healthcare professionals and are the best choice for top companies who want to support employee wellness and control escalating costs related to employee health.
NUTRITION WELLNESS SERVICES
Nutrition Wellness Seminars are a turnkey solution that can complement an existing employee wellness program or be an easy way to start one!
NutriProCan seminars provide valuable knowledge and practical advice, delivered by an engaging speaker.
Whether you are looking to build an ongoing program or offer a seminar as a one-off perk, nutrition is a relevant topic for all employees.
Book a dietitian onsite to provide individual nutrition counselling and coaching to employees. Busy employees appreciate taking care of appointments without having to take time off. A dietitian only needs a meeting room.
NEW: Direct billing is now available with many participating insurance companies through TELUS Health. As of January 2020, these include: Great West Life / London Life / Canada Life, Claim Secure, Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan, CINUP, First Canadian Insurance Corporation, IA Financial Group, Johnston Group and Maximum Benefit.
While free or sponsored lunches are incredible perks that help to improve culture, collaboration and employee happiness, it can be a challenge to offer a meal or snack program that is also mindful of the employee health aspect.
To help offer balanced meals at work that help avoid weight gain and fatigue, excessive intake of fats, sugar and sodium should be avoided. NutriProCan dietitians will help you design healthy menus that will also boost energy and productivity and incorporate the latest Canada’s Food Guide updates if that is part of your menu goals.
WHY NUTRITION WELLNESS IS RELEVANT TO ALL EMPLOYEES
- We all eat. Because we all eat, nutrition wellness is a topic that every employee can relate to and find value in.
- Nutrition myths are everywhere. Nutrition sciences evolve with research, which also means that our knowledge needs updating from time to time.
- Nutrition labels and Health Canada recommendations have changed and improved nutrition literacy can help with choosing foods and ingredients when preparing healthy meals.
- Fad diets and trends dominate social media that are supported by various influencers. Many employees may try approaches like the Keto diet that could lead to health concerns such as high cholesterol and a potential need for medication.
- Canadians spend 35% of their food budget eating out (or on takeout). Prepared meals are usually higher in sodium, carbohydrates, sugars and saturated fat, as well as larger portion sizes and lower in vegetables, which are associated with several health concerns.