Nutrition Wellness at Work
Improve energy levels and productivity
Promote healthy lifestyles
Improve employee satisfaction
Engage employees and add value through educational nutrition seminars
What is Included in Employee Nutrition Wellness?
Why Nutrition Wellness is Relevant to All Employees?
- We all eat. Because we all eat, nutrition wellness is a topic that every employee can relate to and find value in.
- Nutrition myths are everywhere. We often follow nutrition information or diets based on popular beliefs that could be harmful or at least not beneficial to us. Nutrition sciences evolve with research, which also means that our knowledge needs updating from time to time.
- Nutrition labels and Health Canada recommendations have changed and improved nutrition literacy can help with choosing foods and ingredients when preparing healthy meals.
- Fad diets and trends dominate social media that are supported by various influencers. Due to lack of science-based and personalized recommendations by trusted professionals, many employees may try approaches like the Keto diet that could lead to health concerns such as high cholesterol and a potential need for medication.
- Canadians spend 35% of their food budget eating out (or on takeout). Prepared meals are usually higher in sodium, carbohydrates, sugars and saturated fat, as well as larger portion sizes and lower in vegetables, which are associated with several health concerns.
Download an Infosheet that includes facts about the role of nutrition with common health concerns and life events. You will also receive ideas for building a nutrition wellness program!
You (Nav) are an excellent ambassador of your industry and it showed that you followed what you preached! The presentation was full of very useful information. Excellent idea with the multiple choice questions; you got the crowd totally engaged.
– Mike, E.S. Fox Limited